The basic requirements to be an Independent Contract Courier Driver are that you:
- have a desire to be in business for yourself;
- own, or have the ability to purchase, a new or near new white vehicle;
- have communication skills, both oral and written;
- have a reasonable knowledge of the Perth metropolitan area;
- will need to apply for an Australian Business Number [ABN] (your courier company can assist you with this);
- have registered for the GST.
Tools and equipment required to operate as an Independent Contract courier once you have purchased a vehicle are:
- Current street directory;
- Current telephone book;
- Full overhead racks (required by flat tops only).
Please call to discuss individual requirements with each company.
Contact any of the companies shown on this list and they will discuss with you in more detail about:
- what is required to be a courier with that company;
- what their individual company requires of its Contract Drivers, and
- organising an interview time.